Big Wow Small Wonder
Half Moon presents a Justin Coe production for ages 4 – 9
A tall story about the wonders of being small.
Justin is the smallest boy in the whole town. So small that he can swim with goldfish. So small his sister takes him to school in her lunchbox. So small the class bully, Bother Boots Bradley, wants to catch him and keep him as his new pet.
Justin just wants to be like his giant Dad, but when he finds out his Dad is not the Big Wow, he sets off on a journey to find who – or what – the Big Wow really is! Can the Big Wow help Justin to be tall in time, before Bradley puts him in a cage ready for the school show and tell in assembly?
With the help of a pigeon, the mountain and the World Ant Weightlifting Champion, Justin soon realises that being big might not be all its bigged up to be.
Told with huge helpings of humour, poignant poetry and original music, this is a tall story about the wonders of being small.
#BigWowSmallWonder @halfmoontheatre @literacyoutloud
Performances last 45 mins (no interval).
A range of images to use are available from the link below:
Big Wow Small Wonder – extract 1:
Big Wow Small Wonder – extract 2:
“Young people relate to tiny characters, feel superior to someone smaller than them, and are fascinated by the ins and outs of life in the little lane. Big Wow Small Wonder appeals through a combination of all three, as titchy Justin negotiates everyday life, comes under threat from big bullies at school, and searches for the Big Wow in a desperate attempt to grow…and (Justin Coe’s) trust in the audience’s patience for performance poetry pays off.”
(Children’s Theatre Reviews)
“Epic and intimate at the same time, brilliant.”
(Audience member at Half Moon)
“Justin’s performance was slick and professional, magical and inspirational. Poetry has never been more popular!”
“Poetry, storytelling, and the sheer charm emanating from the personal magic of Justin himself.” (Brighton Fringe Festival)
Available for booking up to 31st December 2017 only.
Technical Requirements (venues):
- Get-in: max 90 mins before half/Get-out: 40 minutes
- Venue configuration: front on
- Pre-rig: we require a general warm wash to delineate the performance space of minimum 3m (width) by 3m (depth) by 3m (height). There are 2 simple cues for three specials where possible.
- Sound: Operated from the stage by the performer using a blue-tooth remote via a mini-audio jack for I-pod plugged into the venue PA. A power supply on stage is required.
- Technical staff – 1 technician to operate lighting cues and to assist with get-ins/outs.
- Lockable dressing room.
Technical Requirements (festivals, libraries and community/rural touring spaces):
- This show can be run without lighting. Note the sound is operated from the stage/playing area by the performer so we require a 13A power supply/socket. A technician is required. We need 45 minutes for set-up and a lockable dressing room.
- Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon.
- Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost please enquire)
- Images and production photos for use within venue brochures or broader usage including digital.
1 or 2 shows per day.
- London or less than 70 Miles from London/Southend-on-Sea£550 + VAT (add £450 + VAT for a 2nd day)
- More than 70 miles from London/Southend-on-Sea (commutable)
£630 + VAT (add £525 + VAT for a 2nd day)
- Non-commutable from London/Southend-on-Sea
£695 + VAT (add £525 + VAT for a 2nd day)
Note for venues at very long distances from the South East of England, an additional supplement of £100 per day may apply. Please enquire.
Please note that these fees are subject to a small additional supplement if your venue makes a compulsory contra to us for your costs at the contracting stage (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
Creative Learning Opportunities
Justin has over 15 years of experience of working as a creative professional in schools, venues and community settings. He can provide a range of bespoke creative learning and enrichment activities on request to complement the performance at an additional cost. Please enquire for availability and prices.
For more details on this, please contact:
Chris Elwell on 020 7709 8902 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Euan Borland on 020 7709 8901 / email@example.com