“**** This is a drama with a seriousness of intent and commitment to Baker’s life story…. A toe-tapping show wise to the adage that you cannot enjoy the rhythm and ignore the blues…. The play’s nuanced dialogue about the banana skirt Baker wore in her most famous dance is a testament not just to fine scriptwriting but also to the duo’s regard for how perceptive young audiences are.”
“Restless, glamorous, fabulous all-ages show…. How do we talk to children about race? Taking its inspiration from a half-remembered children’s picture book about the astonishing life, times and achievements of Josephine Baker, this all-ages show takes on the challenge with charm, power and passion.”
“I took my two daughters to see Josephine yesterday; we were blown away by the quality throughout, the script, production, and acting – congratulations!”
Keeping You Safe at Half Moon
- We can’t wait to welcome you for live performances.
- Your safety is our number one priority. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make your visit as safe and stress-free as possible. We’ll have extensive measures in place to ensure that all of our public spaces adhere to UK-wide COVID-19 industry standards, based on Government and public health guidance.
- We’re proud that we have been granted the use of Visit Britain’s safety consumer mark to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.
- Our theatre has a state of the art ventilation system that changes the air four times an hour.
- We allow maximum flexibility for you to exchange your ticket(s) up to 24 hours before the performance, if you have to isolate.
- You are encouraged to wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) when in the building, including when watching a performance or visiting the gallery. We also encourage social distancing in our foyer.