A Half Moon production for ages 2-4
Afonso wants to go to his best friend’s birthday party, but where is his invitation – has it been lost in the post, or maybe he wasn’t even invited? When it finally arrives the excitement and nerves become too much to handle. What should he wear? Will they have balloons? Will anyone play with him? And what about the cake?
Heartfelt, provocative and full of quirky humour, Party features striking, colourful designs and a glorious contemporary soundtrack. Let the warmth of a Portuguese summer take you to a place where difference is something to celebrate.
Party was created and live-recorded at Half Moon without an audience during lockdown 2021. Now, after much digital acclaim, Half Moon invites little ones and their grown-ups to experience a live performance of this unforgettable zany birthday party.
#PartyShow / @halfmoontheatreDownload images and press kit
Performances last 40 mins (no interval). 1 or 2 shows a day. If a 2-show day, a minimum of 90 minutes between the end of the first show and the start of the next (e.g. 11am & 1.15pm) is required.
- Get-in: 90 mins minimum before half with pre-rig completed prior to get in.
- Get-out: 70 mins
- Venue Configuration: End on. Performing area minimum 6.5m meters (wide) by 5.5m (depth) with 3.5m (height)
- Setting: Black box theatre presentation. No wing space required.
- Lighting: A lighting plan will be supplied. We will require the use of the venues Lighting Desk.
- Sound: We tour a Mac with QLAB but will need to plug this into the venues P.A. system.
- Technical staff: 1 technician to assist with get-in, focusing and the get out. If Lighting and Sound cannot be operated together then the venue technician will be required to operate lighting allowing communication between them and our Company Stage Manager. We tour with a Company Stage Manager.
- Parking: For a sprinter size van.
- Facilities: Dressing rooms for 1 male performer.
Technical Requirements (non-traditional spaces inc rural/community touring spaces and libraries):
- Note that the piece can be performed in settings with limited technical facilities without blackout. Please enquire for details.
- Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon.
- Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost, please enquire).
- Images, production photos and other digital assets for venue or broader publicity usage.
1 or 2 shows per day.
£700 + VAT
All other locations
£850 + VAT
Please enquire for prices for multiple days.
Note for venues at very long distances from London, an additional supplement of £100 per day may apply. Note venues that require a get-in the day before may be subject to a fee supplement. Please enquire.
Please note that these fees are subject to a small additional supplement if your venue makes a compulsory contra to us for your costs at the contracting stage (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
At additional cost, Party can be supported by bespoke workshops for schools and nursery settings, families and community groups. Please enquire.