Recipe: Toffee Apple Muffins
It’s the time of year to get out the mixing bowl and we’ve asked our Foodie friend, Sylvia to give us a recipe for you all to try.
Tasty, easy to make and perfect for cooking with kids, these muffins are a delicious way to use up autumn apples. Made with yoghurt, fresh apple and fudge pieces, they are fantastic served warm or you could wrap them up and take with you to bonfire night. Melt the butter and grate the apple in advance to speed things up and keep small hands away from hot or sharp objects.
Toffee Apple Muffins
By Sylvia Pearson
(Makes 12 large or 18 cupcake-size muffins)
- 240g self raising flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 80g melted butter
- 120g plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 apple, grated or chopped into small pieces
- 60g fudge pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180’C.
- Line your muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar.
- Pour the melted butter into a separate bowl.
- Add the yoghurt and the eggs to the butter and whisk together.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients (flour and sugar) and mix until just combined.
- Add the apple and the toffee and mix gently. You don’t need to mix for long – just make you’ve mixed in all the flour from the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
Mmmmmm! Let us know how they came out @HalfMoonTheatre or on our Facebook page!
Sylvia Pearson is an event manager, part-time baker and full-time lover of food! She spent three years studying in Paris before working at a French cookery school in London where her love of food flourished. She has worked at trendy London Food Festival, Street Feast and now makes beautiful meringues with kitsch caterers, Meringue Girls and bakes for Free Cakes for Kids Hackney and can most often be seen in the kitchen with sticky fingers and a floury apron!
You can find her on twitter @JustSylv where she’d love to hear from you with any foodie opportunities.