Half Moon presents a Daniel Naddafy production for 0-18 months.
Come in, relax, find a space and settle.
Slowly, a shimmering surface emerges.
What does it look like?
How does it move?
Listen, what can you hear?
Welcome to a world of shiny things.
Welcome to Glisten!
Glisten is an interactive performance for babies aged 0-18 months and their grown-ups. The audience are taken on a gentle and immersive journey exploring the world of reflective materials wrapped up in a soundscape of evocative yet laid-back music. Watch as the empty space of the theatre fills with colour, sounds and surprises, creating a sensory landscape ready to explore after the performance is over.
Glisten is performed to a small audience creating an intimate and unique theatrical experience, stunningly co-created by theatre-maker Daniel Naddafy and designer Phoebe Stubbs.
There are a range of photos for this production and the post-performance stay and play session available to view at the following:
A trailer for the production can be downloaded here:
Performance Length and Audience Restrictions:
Performances last 20 minutes (no interval), followed by an interactive free-play session where the babies can explore the tactile world of Glisten.
Due to the intimate nature of the production, it is designed for audiences of up to 40 (children and adults).
Reviews and Audience Feedback:
“A beautiful, sensory first theatrical experience for babies. The actor builds a mesmerising connection with each child at just the right pace. A delight to watch.”
(Katy Snelling, Head of Programming, Nuffield Southampton Theatres)
“A great sensory experience for adults and babies. Carla loved it and was fascinated by the lights and colours.”
(Audience member, Off Beat Festival, Oxford)
“Terrific watching small faces involved in sound, colour, light and texture – we were enthralled from start to finish.”
(Audience member, Half Moon Theatre)
“Loved the show! Thank you for such a great performance. The sensual elements for the kids to play with were brilliant.”
(Audience member, Off Beat Festival, Oxford)
Available for booking for a very limited period in February/March 2018 only.
Technical Requirements (venues):
- Get-in: 75 minutes before half with pre-rig completed.
- Get-out: 30 minutes after audience have cleared.
- Venue configuration: The piece works best in an open studio format with a flat floor. A full black out is required. The set consists of a marquee frame which is 4 meters wide by 3 meters deep. This sits on a minimum performing area of 5m (width) by 4m (depth) by 3m (height). This footprint includes room for the audience to sit. They are seated in a traverse format with the first row on cushions (toured) and a second row made up from either benches or chairs (venue to supply).
- If the performance space has fixed seating, please block these off. This is a limited capacity piece of 40.
- Lighting: A four-sided three primary colour wash and 3 specials. A full pre-rig is required. There are 18 LX cues.
- Sound: We are touring a laptop with QLAB so will require a mini-jack into your P.A. system. The sound should emanate from the performance area.
- Staffing: There is one performer and one stage manager who will operate lighting and sound, but we do require 1 in-house technician to assist with get-in, focus, plot and the get-out.
- Lockable dressing room.
- Parking and get in access for small estate car.
Technical Requirements (festivals, non-traditional spaces):
Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon. Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost please enquire). Images and production photos for use within venue brochures or broader usage including digital.
Prices for up to 3 shows a day:
- London – £550 + VAT (£480 + VAT for each additional day)
- All other regions – £835 + VAT (£625 for each additional day).
For weekday gigs or if organising a regional block, reduced rates may apply, please enquire.
Please note that these fees are subject to a small additional supplement if your venue makes a compulsory contra to us for your costs at the contracting stage (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
Note for venues at very long distances from London, an additional supplement of £100 per day may apply. Please enquire.
Creative Learning Activities/Workshops:
The company are able to offer a range of bespoke creative learning activities for groups on request to complement the performance at additional costs. Please enquire for prices.
For more details on this, please contact:
Chris Elwell on 020 7709 8902 / firstname.lastname@example.org