All Hail the Snail
Half Moon Presents John Hegley: All Hail the Snail (and other creatures) for ages 7+.
You’ve got no teeth.
You’re underneath the roof
that you carry around.
You can write with your trail
in the way of the snail
in your delicate D.I.Y. home.
Image by Genevieve Reed-Allen
Join poet John Hegley as he takes us on a humorous journey through his living library of poems, songs, stories and animal drawings. Enjoy the rhyme and rhythm of this mandolin playing muse and his hilarious struggle with words as they threaten to twist and turn out of his grasp.
The bespectacled author of 13 books is widely known as one of the country’s most innovative comic artists and this children’s show will delight adults and young people alike with its chaotic comedy, bewitching poems, plus the extra bonus of a special guest musician.
Half Moon is delighted to present this new show created to celebrate the 35th birthday of Apples and Snakes, England’s leading organisation for performance poetry and spoken word.
After the show there will be a chance to meet John and purchase signed copies of his books.
“An incurable entertainer”
“Marvellous, joyful fun”
Performances last 60 mins (no interval).
Available for booking only from February to mid July 2018.
Technical Requirements (venues / festivals):
- Get-in: max 2 hours before half to include sound check/Get-out: 30 minutes
- Venue configuration: front on
- Pre-rig: we require a simple general stage lighting state to delineate the performance space of 4m (width) / 2m (depth) / 4m (height): see AV below
- Sound: We require 3 SM58 or equivalent on boom stands, plus stereo line feed for electric piano (provided by Half Moon). All sound is live.
- AV: Equipment to play power point (we provide USB) via back projector and screen as per conference setting. Cued visually by poet to venue technician.
- Technical staff – 1 technician to operate as above and to assist with get-ins/outs
- Parking space for small van/estate car.
- Lockable dressing room.
Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon.
Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost please enquire)
Images and production photos for use within venue brochures or broader usage including digital plus support from the Half Moon team.
1 or 2 shows per day.
London / less than 70 Miles from London (commutable)
- Guarantee of £1060 + VAT, with a split in Half Moon’s favour of 70/30 on top (same for any additional days)
All other locations
- Guarantee of £1460 + VAT, with a split in Half Moon’s favour of 70/30 on top (£1280 + VAT with a split in Half Moon’s favour of 70/30 on top for any additional days)
Please note that additional supplements may apply if your venue makes a compulsory contractual costs to Half Moon (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
Creative Learning Opportunities:
For more details on this, please contact:
Chris Elwell on 020 7709 8902 / firstname.lastname@example.org