Half Moon presents a Tam Tam Theatre production for 0-3 years.
A leaf is born…
It grows and glows in the sunshine and the rain
Then the wind blows and it becomes colder
The leaf changes colour
In the snow, the leaf falls…
But when spring comes, a new leaf grows…
Join us as we tell the life story of a very special leaf in this warm, intimate and playful new piece for under 3s inspired by nature and the seasons. Framed within an evocative soundscape, this is the perfect introduction to theatre for the very young.
Leaf is another heart-warming play created by Tam Tam Theatre, whose previous shows for very young children include Circles in the Sand and Curious. The company’s founder, Marleen Vermeulen, created Leaf in collaboration with director Joy Haynes.
At the end of the performance, children are invited onto the stage to play among the leaves and explore a landscape created by the changing seasons.
There are a range of photos for this production available to view at the following:
Performance Length and Audience Restrictions:
Performances last 25 minutes (no interval), followed by an interactive free-play session where the children are invited to explore the tactile world of Leaf.
Due to the intimate nature of the production, it is designed for audiences of up to 50 (children and adults).
Available for booking on an on-going basis on request.
Reviews and Audience Feedback
“[the performer] is a warm and friendly Mother Nature figure, with foliage sprouting behind her ears and falling from her sleeves. She cares so much about a single leaf that she’ll cradle it in her arms and sing it to sleep, or dress it in a tailor-made mackintosh when it rains.”
Children’s Theatre Reviews
“A wonderful and all round sensory experience for babies, and a beautiful story. My 15 month old son was entranced, as we were. Thank you.”
Audience member @ Half Moon
“Really gentle and magical – just like walking down the street on a crisp winter’s day, kicking up the leaves but we were in the theatre.”
Audience member @ Half Moon
“Thank you for the amazing show. All the children and parent’s loved it.”
Teacher, primary school nursery
- Get-in: 1 hour & 30 mins before half.
- Get-out: 30 minutes.
- Venue configuration: The piece works best in an open studio format where the audience sit on cushions or equivalent on the flat floor close to the performance space. If the theatre has fixed seating, please block off seats beyond the first few rows (please enquire) and should be presented in front on format. The audience must be able to access the stage easily. The performance space is framed by a floor cloth.
- Pre-rig: There are a small number of specials in addition to three shuttered wash states delineating a performance space of minimum 4m (width) by 3.6m (depth) by 3m (height). Black-out required.
- Sound: To run cue lab with 2 front speakers.
- Technical staff – 1 technician to operate lighting and sound cues.
- Lockable dressing room.
- Parking and get in for one small van: 3.86m length, 1.86m width and 1.72 height.
- Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon.
- Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost please enquire)
- Images and production photos for use within venue brochures or broader usage including digital.
Prices for up to 3 shows a day
- London – £700 + VAT (£450 + VAT for each additional day)
- Less than 70 miles from London (commutable) – £750 + VAT (£450 + VAT for each additional day)
- All other regions – £800 + VAT (£600 for each additional day).
For weekday gigs or if organising a regional block, reduced rates may apply, please enquire.
Please note that these fees are subject to a small additional supplement if your venue makes a compulsory contra to us for your costs at the contracting stage (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
Note for venues at very long distances from London, an additional supplement of £100 per day may apply. Please enquire.
Creative Learning Activities/Workshops
The company are able to offer a range of bespoke creative learning activities for schools, nursery and family groups on request to complement the performance at additional costs. Please enquire for prices.
For more details on this, please contact:
Chris Elwell on 020 7709 8902 / firstname.lastname@example.org