Half Moon presents a Wrongsemble production for 3-8s
Three wishes, three witches, three sisters, three pigs, three bears, three musketeers...
Three singing actors weave together famous tales, which all feature the elusive number three! Brought to life with a flurry of original sing-a-long songs, live music and brilliantly inventive storytelling, the flamboyant players burst from their wagon of forgotten fables to re-tell the stories of Rumpelstiltskin, Goldilocks and Grimms’ Three Wanderers as never before.
Jump on board the ingenious and cleverly crafted wagon of fairytales in this spellbinding new musical play for children aged 3-8 and their families.
Three was specifically created in a pop-up style that makes it suitable for festivals and outdoor spaces as well as more traditional venues.
The show was first developed at the West Yorkshire Playhouse, followed by a pilot tour of community settings in North Kirklees in partnership with Creative Scene and a short run at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and Deer Shed Festival in 2016.
#WrongsembleThree @wrongsemble @halfmoontheatre
There are a range of photos for this production available to view at the following:
A trailer is available to view at the following link:
Reviews from the 2016 Edinburgh Festival Fringe run:
“With clever design, exemplary storytelling, and raucous energy, Three is a step above most family entertainment. The trio of performers is a joy to watch, and their performances and musicality mark them out as an ensemble with real talent. With such talent on display, Three really is the perfect start to a day at the Edinburgh Fringe”. (Review Hub)
“This cheeky performance is definitely one to get out of bed for.” (Theatre and Tea)
Audience feedback from West Yorkshire Family Arts Festival:
“It was the best show in the whole world ever!” (Madeline, aged 9)
“A great family show! Something in it for everyone.” (Adam, parent)
Performance Length and Audience Restrictions:
Performances last 50 minutes (no interval), followed by an interactive ‘meet the performers’ session where the children are invited to explore the playful world of Three.
Available on an on-going basis until 15 January 2018.
- Get-in: 1 hour & 30 mins before half – N.B. There is a pre-show of 5 mins prior to start of show
- Get-out: 45 minutes.
- Venue configuration / technical / pre-rig: the piece is very flexible and can adapt to a variety of performance spaces. The piece works best performed end on, with a front row of cushions/blankets for young audience members. If being performed in a theatrical environment we require one simple warm wash delineating a performance space of 5.5m (width) x 4.6m (depth) x 3 (height) – adaptable for smaller spaces. There are no cues except dimming/lifting the FOH area as the performance begins/ends. 1 x 13amp plug for festoons only, operated by cast.
- Sound: No amplified sound. All the music is played live.
- Technical staff: 1 technician to help with get-ins/outs, plus operate lighting if appropriate.
- Lockable dressing room.
- Parking and get in for one medium transit / commercial van.
Outdoor / Festivals:
- The piece is designed to be adaptable and can be performed outside or in unconventional indoor venues (e.g. a marquee) without lighting, but should be on level ground. For outdoor performances, we are not averse to working in the changeable climate but some of our musical instruments are! As a result, we require a wet weather contingency.
- Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon.
- Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost please enquire).
- Images and production photos for use within venue brochures or broader usage including digital.
Prices for up to 2 shows a day:
- Less than 70 miles from Leeds (commutable) – £675 + VAT (£600 for each additional day).
- All other regions – £900 + VAT (£750 for each additional day).
For weekday gigs or if organising a regional block, reduced rates may apply, please enquire.
Please note that these fees are subject to a small additional supplement if your venue makes a compulsory contra to us for your costs at the contracting stage (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
Note for venues at very long distances from Leeds, an additional supplement of £100 per day may apply. Please enquire.
Creative Learning Activities/Workshops:
Wrongsemble is a collective of professional artists and facilitators who are able to offer a range of family, young person or schools orientated bespoke creative learning activities inc. post-show to complement the performance at additional costs. Please enquire for prices. All artists are DBS checked.
For more details on this, please contact:
Chris Elwell on 020 7709 8902 / email@example.com
Euan Borland on 020 7709 8901 / firstname.lastname@example.org