Young Herbert’s Horrors
Half Moon presents a Justin Coe production for ages 4-9.
A swashbuckling pirate adventure with a twist.
Young Herbert is a little horror. Living on a boat should be the ideal life for a wannabe pirate, but the boat’s grounded until Herbert can learn to tidy his cabin, eat his greens and be more polite. A big storm brews up when Herbert is sent home from school and Mum calls on Great Uncle Albatross – navy captain and scourge of all pirates – to warn him of the dangers of rebellion.
But is Great Uncle Albatross all he seems to be and do his cautionary tales really have the power to make Young Herbert behave? Or will they just give Young Herbert the horrors?
Featuring swashbuckling verse, jaunty music, gallows humour and the obligatory parrot, Young Herbert’s Horrors is Justin Coe’s brand new spoken word show for children, following the highly popular Big Wow, Small Wonder.
A promotional image and a range of production photos are available from the link below:
Performances last 45 mins (no interval).
“If your kids love the high seas and pirate-adventures this is the show for you… A one-man show packed with poetry, jokes and a real feast for the imagination – we had a great family outing courtesy of Herbert!”
“Bravo! Fabulous, funny and the children were mesmerised”
(Audience Member, Half Moon Theatre)
“Thoroughly enjoyed, kept the children’s interest throughout – very clear and funny”
(Audience Member, Half Moon Theatre)
Reviews for previous shows by Justin Coe presented by Half Moon
“Justin’s performance was slick and professional, magical and inspirational. Poetry has never been more popular!”
(Southend Libraries about Big Wow, Small Wonder)
“In this sometimes funny, sometimes touching, often surprising new collection …. Justin Coe parades 50 or more different fathers in front of his readers in poems that will make them laugh, smile, think or just nod in recognition”
(LoveReading4Kids about Dictionary of Dads)
“All human life is here”
(The Irish Examiner about Dictionary of Dads)
Available for booking on an on-going basis.
Technical Requirements (venues):
- Get-in: max 90 mins hour before half/Get-out: 30 minutes
- Venue configuration: front on; flat stage performance space of minimum 5m (width) by 4m (depth) by 3m (height) with black out
- Pre-rig / lighting: pre-rig is required which will contain a basic warm, cold and deep blue wash with 2 specials and a gobo from F.O.H. A full LX plot and cue sheet will be supplied. There are approx. 23 lighting cues, which are repeats of 6 basic states. A simplified lighting plot is available for venues with limited equipment.
- Sound: Operated from the stage by the performer using a “Go Button” on an IPod. We will require a 3.5mm jack into the venues P.A.
Technical Requirements (festivals, non-traditional spaces):
- This show can be run without lighting. We do not require a blackout.
- The sound is operated by the performer using our own sound system, but we do require a 13A power supply/socket in the performance space.
- A member of staff is needed to host and help with the set-up.
- Ideally the performance space needs to be minimum 3.5m (width) by 3m (depth) by 2.4m (height).
- We need 60 minutes for set-up, 20 minutes to clear and a lockable room to act as a dressing room.
- Dedicated support from the marketing/PR and technical team at Half Moon.
- Up to 500 A5 colour flyers and 15 A3 colour posters. (NB: overprinting will be at an additional cost, please enquire).
- Images and production photos for use within venue brochures or broader usage including digital.
1 or 2 shows per day.
London or less than 70 miles from Southend-on-Sea
£570 + VAT (add £450 + VAT for a 2nd or more days)
All other locations
£695 + VAT (add £580 + VAT for a 2nd day or more days)
Note for venues at very long distances from the South East of England, an additional supplement of £100 per day may apply. Please enquire.
Please note that these fees are subject to an additional supplement if your venue makes a compulsory contra to us for your costs at the contracting stage (e.g. credit card/box office; get-in/out; marketing/brochure contributions).
Creative Learning Opportunities
Justin has over 20 years of experience of working as a creative professional in schools, venues and community settings. He can provide a range of bespoke creative learning and enrichment activities on request to complement the performance at an additional cost. Please enquire for availability and prices.
For more details on this, please contact:
Chris Elwell on 0207 709 8902 / email@example.com