X Close Icon

Complaints Procedure

Whilst we take great care to ensure that we provide all our services efficiently, courteously and to a high standard, we accept that complaints may be made. A complaint is a valid expression of dissatisfaction and however it is made, by email, letter, telephone or verbally, we will investigate it and use it as a means to improve our standards of service.


Anyone we engage with. This includes audiences, participants, consultants and contractors. If an employee, freelancer, trainee or volunteer wishes to make a complaint, they should instead follow the Company’s standard grievance process.


Our aim is deal with any complaint as soon as possible. Many complaints can be resolved informally. In the first instance contact us and, if you feel able, speak to the member of staff (or team) with whom you have had contact or ask to speak to the relevant manager, who will try to resolve the matter.

You can do this in person, by telephoning the theatre or by email.

020 7265 8138

If you are not satisfied, or do not wish an informal solution, you may pursue a formal complaint.
Please put your complaint in writing and send it to:



Administrative Director
Half Moon
43 White Horse Road
London E1 0ND


All written complaints will be dealt with by our Administrative Director, or the person they feel can best respond to your concerns. We will acknowledge all written complaints within five days of receiving the letter/email, at which point your complaint will be investigated. You may be contacted to obtain any additional information that we may require to help us resolve the complaint. You will receive a response to your complaint within 28 working days of its receipt.

If, as a result of your complaint, disciplinary proceedings are taken against a member of staff, an internal procedure will apply. You will be informed that disciplinary proceedings have taken place, but as these proceedings are confidential, you will only be informed of the outcome of your complaint outside of any disciplinary procedure.

If a criminal offence is alleged, then the police will be informed.


You can contact the Charity Commission for further information on making complaints about a charity.

Their website is https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-charity